We’re not shy about getting into the spirit of things around these parts (I not once, but twice, had the honour of being the only one who turned up in costume to a work fancy dress competition in two different jobs. I don’t get why people take themselves so seriously, have some fun!). So in honour of Team Ireland‘s efforts in the London 2012 Olympics I’m sporting
a French an Irish manicure! You can also adapt this to suit your tricolour of choice – Italy, Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands I’m looking at you!
It’s seriously easy to do and requires no nail art skills (hence why I was capable of pulling it off with my hamfists). Here’s the step by step.
Flying the Flag Irish Tips Manicure for London 2012
- Prep your nails as preferred and paint with a “French” manicure or nude colour. I used two coats of Revlon 030 Grey Suede.
- Once dry, place two small strips of striping tape diagonally in opposite directions at the tip of the nail, intersecting to form an X.
- Paint the gaps left by the striping tape to represent the Irish flag (or tricolour of choice). I used OPI Jade is the new Black, Kiss Brush On Nail Art Paint White and Nails Inc Westbourne Grove.
- Slowly peel off the striping tape ensuring not to disturb the paint. There’s a knack to doing this. I don’t let the polish dry fully, as it can flake when removing the tape. I wait until it’s almost dry and then peel. You’ll find your own way to make it work, just experiment! You can clean up any blunders with a toothpick/orange stick/nail art brush.
- Seal with topcoat if desired
Simples! Whatcha think ladies? Will you be wearing your flag on your nails for London 2012?