So whilst hotfooting it to Paul Simon in Dublin last week (stop sniggering, I feckin love Paul Simon, right?!) I stopped by at the Essence blogger event which was held in aid of their new perfume line. Essence is one of both mine and Kat’s favourite beauty budget brands. I favor them over Rimmel any day and I am only raging I didn’t have this sort of choice when I was a teenager. Rimmel and Collection 2000 were all we had available back in the day; those and Pan Stick. Enough said really.
So down to the business end of things: budget perfume from Essence. I didn’t panic when I seen the email announcing details of the perfume, Essence do budget beauty so well that I had high hopes for their fragrances and I’m happy to report I was not disappointed!
They launched six fragrances in total ,quick rundown for you below.
- like a walk in the summer rain – citrus top notes including lemon &orange
- like a trip to New York – top notes of top notes are cardamon,elemi,grapefruit & cranberry
- like a new love – floral top notes including Rose
- like a day in a candy shop – sweet & floral with notes of peach, vanilla & orchid.
- like a first day in spring - fruity notes including pineapple & tangerine
- like a girl’s night out – notes include vanilla, goji berry and dragonfruit!
My favorite of the bunch was Like a Day in a Candy Shop much to most people’s surprise. I am a huge fan of Vera Wang Princess (a very sweet smelling perfume) and Like a Day in a Candy Shop evoked a similar smell on my skin. Similar smell mind you as at €7.99 a bottle you need to remember that these are a budget fragrance! All in all these perfumes are brilliant for their price. You can pick up a 50ml for €7.99 and a 10ml (purse friendly size) for €3.49.
I’ve worn nearly all of the fragrances so far and my sister knows what she is spending her next installment of pocket money on! The six new fragrances from Essence will be available from July/August in pharmacies nationwide as well as select Dunnes, Penneys and Heatons.