It has taken me literally weeks to write this review as I wasn’t sure if I loved or hated this foundation; and to be honest I’m still not really sure. I’ve since settled on a happy medium so thought I would share it with you: its not the best foundation I have ever used but by no means is it the worst.
I entered a facebook competition with Sam McAuleys and to my surprise I won! My prize was a foundation and serum from Shiseido; I choose Perfect Refining Foundation in B40 Natural Fair Beige which is really light and has yellow undertones (strangely yellow tones suit me). If you were to buy this in Sam McAuleys today you would be looking at parting with €38.00.
So how did I get on with this foundation? Not great is the honest answer. (Please bear in mind folks though that I am a devoted EL Doublwear fan so I may be coming down a bit too harshly on this product).
This foundation is aimed at gals with Normal to Normal/Oily skin and not only does the brand promises that it will erase conspicuous pores and acne marks but it also boasts of its skincare properties. It contains a Micro Smoothing Complex exclusive to Shiseido which promises to prevent skin roughening.
- Nice selection of colours for us pale skinned Irish ladies
- Packaging: Shiseido have condensed their packaging and as a result this classy black tub of foundation is great for traveling. Don’t be fooled either; its small size still comes with 30ml of product which is the same as my beloved but bulkier looking Doublewear
- It applies to a matte finish and is easy to blend (I used a Sigma stippling brush)
- It photographs amazingly well!
- Offers SPF15 protection and is non comedogenic
- Does not keep you matte all day
- Fading: after applying at 8.00am my “face” had started to deteriorate by lunchtime at 1pm
- It sinks into every nook and cranny. Made my crows feet look a million times worse!
Overall I found that this foundation highlighted my wrinkles and didn’t offer much in the way of coverage. It was a big shock to the system to wear such a light foundation ; I felt naked with it on! I’m glad I didn’t fork out for this myself as its not a product I would be tempted to go for again.
That said anyone with smooth, non oily skin would probably love this as it applies nicely and gives a “no makeup” makeup look.
This photo shows me with a face full of Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation in B40 Natural Beige and nothing else! (I hate this photo by the way but I bared all in the name of research!)
Has anyone else used this foundation? What did you make of it?