My first favourites post! Yay! Here’s what I’ve been loving for the month of August.
1. D&G 3 L’imperatrice. This is a beautiful summer fragrance; sparkling and bright with rhubarb, watermelon and kiwi. [Also pink cyclamen apparently, though the pink cyclamen plants outside my house don't smell of much] It’s different from the usual summer citrus, but still light and fresh. I have only a few spritzes left in this bottle, just enough to bring the summer to a close *sigh*
2. Batiste Dark Brown. A staple to give my fine locks a bit of oomph. ‘Nuff said!
3. La Roche Posay Cicaplast. This stuff is so good it’ll shortly be getting its own post! Reading raves by Lisa Eldridge and Lynnie of beaut.ie compelled me to buy and I haven’t been disappointed. It’s a great primer/ morning moisturiser for sensitive, irritated and acne-prone skin. It smooths over flakes and bumps and the silicone also helps to keep sebum from breaking down foundation. Love it!
4. Lush Lemony Flutter. The best cuticle moisturiser, ever! Also brilliant for dry hands, heels and elbows. The delicious lemony scent is the icing on the cake!
5. E.L.F Mineral Blush in Rose. Reviewed over here.
6. Lavera Basis Lip Balm. This stuff is amazing. With high quantities of shea butter and jojoba oil, it moisturises my lips deeply, but absorbs quickly.
7. Rimmel Colour Mousse in 005 Glitz. These shadows don’t get half as much love as they deserve. Lovely light texture, buildable to a foiled metallic finish and don’t budge even on oily lids! These are what I expected MAC’s Big Bounce shadows to be. And cheap as chips too!
8. Laura Mercier Undercover UC-2. Secret Concealer (on the left) is my HG cover up for redness and blemishes. It’s pigmented and it sticks around on my oily skin, which is no mean feat! Some people find the consistency too hard to work with, but the key is to use a stiff concealer brush to apply and the heat of your fingertips to blend. You’re left with airbrushed skin where there was a pizza-face. I will never be without this!
What do you think ladies? See anything here you’d call a favourite of your own? Or anything you just can’t abide?